At Kingsway Primary Academy, we believe school uniform plays a key part in the ethos of our school. All children are required to wear our uniform which is bright, smart and practical.
Uniform is important because it gives our children a sense of identity and belonging. It promotes a common purpose and fosters a feeling of pride in the school. Uniform prepares our pupils for a world of work and responsibility, therefore helping to develop strong work ethics.
We have chosen our particular items with affordability in mind, ensuring that all pieces are considered value for money and durable. We have worked closely with our school community to ensure that our uniform costs do not strain family budgets, with all items easily available from a wide choice of local retailers.
Uniform also makes it easier for us to identify our pupils as they come into school and move around the site. It allows the community around us to recognise our pupils too.
- Navy blue jumper or cardigan (with or without school logo)
- White polo shirt (with or without school logo)
- Dark coloured leggings, jogging bottoms or shorts with elasticated waist (with or without school logo)
- Velcro/zip fastening dark coloured shoes
- Children are required to bring a weather appropriate coat
- Trousers/Skirt/Pinafore dress - mid grey
- Shirt - white
- Tie - blue
- Jumper or cardigan - navy blue with logo
- Socks - white or grey
- Tights - grey
- Sensible shoes - black/brown/navy, NOT trainers
- If hair is long, it should be tied back with hair bands and scrunchies - plain blue or navy, no large bows
- White PE top or plain white T shirt
- Blue shorts
- Black or White plimsolls
Indoor PE kits should be kept in school in a drawstring bag for the full half-term and then taken home to be washed. PE kits should be in school every day.
- Plain white polo shirt
- Blue shorts
- Trainers or football boots (if appropriate)
WHOLE SCHOOL PLEASE NOTE:
- All clothes and belongings must be clearly marked with the child’s name
- No jewellery - other than small, round, plain gold ear studs; no more than one in each ear is allowed in school
- Nail varnish and transfers are not allowed
- Long hair must be tied back for all PE lessons. If necessary a scrunchie should be kept with the PE kit
- The school cannot accept responsibility if clothing and valuables are lost
- Children can bring their own personal bags to school but these must be as small as possible due to limited cloakroom storage space